Duties & Responsibilities
- Operates according to the school’s high professional standards
- Participates in professional development
- Attends parent conferences
- Prepares teaching materials under the guidance of the classroom teacher as required
- Assists with the preparation of student portfolios
- Handles permission slips, money, etc.
- Organizes display boards in and outside the classroom (in consultation with the classroom teacher)
- Creates a classroom community that maintains the school’s academic and social expectations
- Substitutes willingly for the regular classroom teacher when needed
- Organizes and supervises snack and lunch times
- Supervises bus and car loading areas
- Tends to children’s needs under the school doctor’s instruction
- Attends faculty and staff meetings
- Monitors hallways between classes
- Supports the classroom teacher by working with small groups of children
- Collaborates with the classroom teacher in designing and co-teaching lessons to balance the integration of subjects
- Communicates with the teacher and is proactive
- Attends and is proactive with students during all classes
- Repeats lessons for absentees, as required
- Checks homework folders and routine pupil submissions as required.
Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a related field.
Experience: Experience of teaching in a UK curriculum school desirable but not essential
Educational Certification is a plus