Under the direction of the Internship Program Manager, the incumbent will mainly assist with selecting students from agricultural technical schools (ATS) per preset criteria, facilitate their basic training so that they will become qualified to join farms, food-processors, pack houses, and exporters as short-term interns. The successful candidate will be willing to travel extensively particularly across Delta governorates. He is dynamic, achiever, possess strong interpersonal communication skills, and familiar with local labor laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Establish/maintain databases for ERAS beneficiary actors that will join the internships program including Agricultural Technical Schools (ATS), food processors, pack houses, exporters including HEIA, and farms. Databases should include comprehensive data about each of them as specified by the Internship Program Manager.
- Assist with making periodic assessments of the internship employers’ labor needs.
- Apply preset selection criteria whereby ATS students will be selected for the internships program.
- Provide selected ATS students with Internship Application Forms and help students properly fill them out.
- Coordinate/facilitate soft skills training to all selected ATS students in collaboration with the project training department.
- Categorize/organize ATS students into homogeneous groups according to internship specialization: e.g., farms, food-processors, pack houses, exporters, etc.
- Coordinate/facilitate specialized basic technical training to ATS groups in collaboration with the technical team.
- Follow up on attendance of training courses by ATS students.
- Make sure all internship students will sign Conduct Policy statements.
- Review internship documents signed by employer and interns to insure they comply with relevant local laws and Abt policies. Keep copies thereof in files.
- Follow up regularly on the performance of the interns throughout the program through constant liaising with employers and supervisors.
- Report any issues with program implementation or interns’ conduct immediately to your supervisor.