About the Job
The Agribusiness Linkages Coordinator reports to the Field Office Director and coordinates closely with the Cairo-based Markets Team as well as the technical staff members at the field office. The incumbent will mainly establish business linkages between targeted producer groups and local and international high-end markets with the objective of identifying crops in high demand and maximizing rural incomes. To this end, he or she will work on building the capacity of beneficiary associations. He or she will be required to travel extensively to the neighboring governorates where ERAS operates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by the direct supervisor.
- Act as link between the project and beneficiary entities within the geographical span encompassing neighboring governorates. These entities include farmer associations, community development associations, cooperatives, and Water-User Associations (WUAs)
- Act as link between beneficiary farmer associations and both domestic and international high-end markets.
- Facilitate and follow up on forward contracts between producer associations and buyers.
- Assist beneficiary entities with setting strategic plans for their activities.
- Assist with conducting baseline surveys and midterm evaluations.
- Propose and oversee implementation of plans for building the capacities of beneficiary associations.
- Collect and report sales made by farmer associations on regular basis.
- Identify and approach potential buyers including markets and food processors within the geographical span encompassing neighboring governorates.
5 to 7 years